Saturday, May 1, 2010

Stamping 411 Color Challenge #121


I enjoyed this color combo challenge from Stamping 411 this week. I have been wanting to try the faux reptile technique and finally got to do it. I love this little turtle and will miss him when the new catalog comes out in July.

Faux Reptile technique: ( I saw this done at a Stampin' Up! Regional last year)
Take a paper towel and add color from your stamp pad. I put my stamp pad directly on it.
Cover your stamped piece with Versamark and add clear embossing powder and heat it up.
What you get is faux reptile. It is a very easy technique but it makes you say WOW!
A paper towel with a lot of texture and not as much pattern would work better than mine. You notice the pattern on my paper towel.

Keep Stamping,
Supplies:
Stamps: Very Thankful
Ink and Markers: So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, Garden Green
Paper: Garden Green, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Other: Heat Tool, Clear embossing powder, Metallic Brads, Heart to Heart Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails