Monday, March 30, 2009

Scrapbooking 101-The way I organize

As I was starting to get caught up on my scrapbooking, I thought I would let you in on my process. I have been asked often how to begin and this is the way I have found easiest. Know, however, that when you talk to people who scrapbook there is no right or wrong way, there are many ways, and you need to do what is the most comfortable and easy way for YOU!


  • Take the pictures

  • I load the pictures onto the Wal-Mart website under photos and order from there so I can pick them up or have them shipped to me. It saves me time in the store. I like to upload pictures by month. At the end of March, for example, I will have a March picture file and will start a new one for April.

  • I order 1 month at a time. This allows me to save time and allows me not to go through a HUGE pile of pictures and reorganize.

  • I put the pictures in order as they happened. I pull out what I want to scrapbook and then put the rest in the photo album. (I do buy the photo albums that have the journaling lines in them. This way I can still write what happened even if it does not get scrapbooked. ) I have learned that I don't have to scrapbook EVERYTHING! I do main events or things I have a lot of pictures of that made a memory.

  • Then I start to Scrapbook!

I will add some more of how I do that another day. Maybe I will even have some examples to show you. That would mean I got some scrapbooking done. My goal is to get some pages done today during naptime.


Keep Stamping,
Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails