Thursday, September 10, 2009

Birthday Purse



The stripes in this UDI inspiration challenge picture are what really stuck out for me this week. I used the Cottage Wall DSP for the stripes and made a little purse using the Top Note Die with the Big Shot. I added a place for money using the large oval punch and attached the purse flap with magnet strip. Did you notice the Rich Razzleberry corduroy button? No, Stampin' Up! does not sell them in that color. I made my own personal color! You start with a Kraft corduroy button and mix a drop or two of a ink refill color with water. Dip your button in the mixture and pull it out and let it dry on a paper towel. This is what you end up with! It is so exciting to know that I can make those buttons ANY COLOR I WANT!

Keep Stamping,
Supplies:
Stamps: On Your Birthday (111664)
Ink: Rich Razzleberry (115658)
Paper: Rich Razzleberry (115316), Orchid Opulence (100969), Cottage Wall DSP (115671), Old Olive (100702)
Other: Big Shot (113439), Top Note Die (113463), Stampin' Up! Perfect Details Texture Plate (115962), Kraft Corduroy Buttons (114340), Large Oval Punch (107305), Stamping Sponges (101610)

3 comments:

  1. Great card, Katy! Thanks for the tip on the buttons. I wonder if that will work on the Kiwi Kiss ones I've been hoarding. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. too cute katy. a new twist on gift card/money holders. love it.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card Katy! love this idea and will definitely have to CASE it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails